Bortz Media & Sports Group is the leader in the valuation of sports media distribution rights across all platforms. Over 24 years of success has resulted in an unrivaled understanding of all forms of media distribution (including broadcast television, radio, cable/subscription television, interactive/online and wireless/mobile) and the economics of sports and media.
Maximize Future Media Rights Income
Bortz Media & Sports Group has assisted more than 100 major professional and college sports clients in valuing their media rights and developing strategies that will maximize future media rights income including analyzing the launch of new national and regional sports networks.
We combine substantial negotiation experience and a knowledge of how to properly structure a media rights contract with extensive economic and competitive analysis. We will equip you with:
- A fair market assessment of your media rights values
- A strategic road map identifying the path to maximum rights income and exposure.
Television and Radio Distribution Rights Valuations
Bortz Media & Sports Group, Inc. assists sports clients in assessing future programming rights values and distribution options across broadcast TV, cable TV, DBS and radio. Our “Television and Radio Distribution Rights Valuations” include the following services:
- Provide strategic, financial, business plan, deal structure assistance to sports clients considering various cable, commercial broadcast, and DBS distribution;
- Provide a competitive assessment of the broadcast, cable TV and DBS marketplaces for your programming including an analysis of competing distributors, advertising, cable network license fees and audience levels.
- Analyze and identify the appropriate mix of broadcast, cable, and satellite for distributing sports programming;
- Project fair market television and radio rights values over a multi-year period;
- Examine in-house vs. out-of-house managed television and radio distribution options.
Interactive/Online Distribution Valuation
Bortz Media & Sports Group, Inc. assists sports clients in assessing future revenue/rights value and distribution options for their online/Internet product. Our “Interactive/Online Distribution Valuation ” service includes the following:
- Provide strategic, financial, business plan, deal structure assistance to sports clients considering various interactive/online distribution alternatives;
- Provide a competitive assessment of the interactive/online marketplace for your programming including an analysis of competing distributors and assessing the various evolving advertising and subscription distribution models for sports programming.
- Project interactive/online revenue/ rights values over a multi-year period;
- Examine in-house vs. out-of-house managed interactive/online distribution options.
Program Network Development
Bortz Media & Sports Group, Inc. assists clients in analyzing, developing and launching new regional and national sports networks. This assistance could include: performing initial feasibility analysis as well as the creation of full blown business plans including all related startup costs to launch the network.
In addition, we can provide assistance as warranted in many other aspects of the network development and implementation – including the development of a distributor marketing strategy and corresponding affiliate sales materials, the conduct of consumer and/or distributor market research, valuation of specific programming rights, in-house versus out-of-house managed operation, startup costs, negotiation of affiliate agreements, etc.
Bortz Media & Sports Group can assist sports clients in the negotiation of their future television and radio agreement(s) and affiliate agreements for new networks as needed. Bortz Media & Sports Group provides the following assistance in the negotiation process:
- Assistance in developing contract proposals.
- Reviewing and commenting on proposed contract provisions.
- Participation in negotiation sessions with potential television distributors (i.e., in person or via telephone).
We work jointly with league/team management in the negotiation process.
- Major League Baseball (MLB)
- Major League Soccer (MLS)
- National Basketball Association (NBA)
- National Hockey League (NHL)
- PGA Tour
- Big East Conference
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL Franchises
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Kansas City Royals
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION Franchises
- Atlanta Hawks
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Denver Nuggets
- Golden State Warriors
- Indiana Pacers
- Los Angeles Clippers
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Orlando Magic
- Phoenix Suns
- San Antonio Spurs
- Seattle Sonics
NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE Franchises
- Atlanta Thrashers
- Boston Bruins
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadians
- Ottawa Senators
- Phoenix Coyotes
- St. Louis Blues
- Vancouver Canucks
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE Franchises
- Denver Broncos
- Minnesota Vikings
- Seattle Seahawks